Several factors in the healthcare industry are effecting the way that facilities are currently constructed. Sustainability, customer-centric service models, technological advances, and an ever-changing demand are among the most influential.
Here are 5 Trends that we are seeing in the industry, today:
1. Increased Focus on Patient Experience: Healthcare facility design and construction is increasingly focusing on creating a positive patient experience. This includes incorporating features such as natural light, comfortable seating, and calming colors.
2. Emphasis on Infection Control: Healthcare facilities are incorporating more infection control measures into their design and construction. This includes the use of antimicrobial materials, improved ventilation systems, and better air filtration.
3. Smart Building Technologies: Smart building technologies are becoming more common in healthcare facility design and construction. This includes the use of sensors, automated systems, and data analytics to improve efficiency and patient care.
4. Sustainable Design: Healthcare facilities are increasingly incorporating sustainable design elements into their design and construction. This includes the use of renewable energy sources, water conservation measures, and green building materials.
5. Flexible Spaces: Healthcare facilities are incorporating more flexible spaces into their design and construction. This includes the use of modular furniture, movable walls, and multi-purpose rooms to accommodate changing needs.